SERVPRO of Northwest Ontario offers fast, reliable bio-hazard and crime scene cleanup* and restoration services to residential and commercial property owners.
Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences for building occupants, employees, customers, and owners. A failure to properly handle and safely remove such hazardous substances can contribute to unhealthy and even dangerous environments.
Blood borne Pathogens
Crime Scene Residues
Equipped with the necessary safety equipment and cleaning products, SERVPRO of Northwest Ontario will help you turn unsafe environments into clean.
SERVPRO of Northwest Ontario is trained to safely and effectively remove bio-hazardous substances and prepare waste for proper disposal according to OSHA, EPA, and state and local health regulations.
Call SERVPRO of Northwest Ontario at (909) 984-3544
Getting Ready for Summer
Summer is a time to enjoy the great outdoors, but it is also important to keep safety in mind. Consider the following tips, provided by the National Fire Protection Association, to keep you and your family safe all summer long.
- Always build a campfire downwind from the tent area. Clear vegetation and dig a pit before building your fire. Extinguish the fire before going to sleep or leaving the campsite.
- When using a charcoal grill, only use starter fluids designed for barbecue grills; do not add fluid after coals have been lit.
- When using a gas grill, ensure the hose connection is tight; check hoses for leaks. Applying soapy water to the hoses will easily and safely reveal any leaks.
- When camping, always use a flame-retardant tent and set up camp far away from the campfire.
- Store liquid fire starter (not gasoline) away from your tent and campfire and only use dry kindling to freshen a campfire.
Ready to Help 24/7
We know that every minute your commercial business is disrupted due to a fire or water damage emergency represents lost business and reduced productivity.
SERVPRO of Northwest Ontario is ready to help.
Water can cause lots of damage in a short amount of time. Here is what water can do in the first 24 hrs of exposure.
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp
Hours 1 - 24
- Drywall begins to swell and break down
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish
- Furniture begins to swell and crack
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain
- A musty odor appears
Give as a call (909) 984-3544
Be Prepare for Power Outage due to storms
Managing Without Electricity
A power outage can:
- Disrupt communication
- Make transportation difficult
- Shut down water pipes
- Close businesses, grocery stores, gas stations, banks, ATM, other services
- Disable medical devices
During a power outage be sure to:
- Keep freezer & refrigerator doors closed. It will reduce the chance of food spoilage
- User generators only outdoors and away from windows
- Disconnect appliances/electronics. Power surges can destroy equipment
- Have already set up plan to refrigerate medicines
- For people who use power wheelchairs, have a backup battery. You may also need a manual chair
- The local power company should already know that someone in your home relies on medical devices
- If travel is safe, go to another location for proper heating or cooling
- Check on your neighbors they may need assistance specially if they are older.
At SERVPRO, our number one priority is to make our customers happy.
When you need a leading company of residential and commercial property damage restoration services, you need and want the best. Why SERVPRO®? We’re deeply invested in you, your family, your business, and our community. And that’s exactly Why you should trust SERVPRO of Northwest Ontario .
SERVPRO® of Northwest Ontario is continually investing and reinvesting our resources so we can better serve our customers, to fulfill our vision of becoming the premier cleaning and restoration company, which affords us the opportunity to be there for you, for your family, for your business, for our community in your time of need. We are constantly making strategic decisions and moves for our continued success, future growth.
Give us a call for your next restoration job
At SERVPRO of Northwest Ontario you are our priority.
You are our Priority.
While SERVPRO of Northwest Ontario teams are dedicated to all aspects of the restoration process, it is occasionally necessary to bring on other vendors to perform specific tasks. For this reason our management team has built strong relationships with other operators we trust to perform such tasks.
Though our staff may not always be on site during services being performed, we verify that the correct steps are taken. Our long-standing relationships with others in the industry ensure your home or business is in good hands.
When unexpected disaster strikes, the process can already be complicated. By choosing SERVPRO of Northwest Ontario you eliminate many headaches and ensure that a quality restoration team with clear communication takes care of you.
Call us (909)984-3544
Have your Business Ready.
The first component of this plan involves the safety of employees. Has contact information been updated and an evacuation route tested? Confirming employee information will prevent unnecessary stress in such an event. In addition, testing the evacuation plan before a disaster ensures all on the team clearly understand the measures that will be taken and where to go.
A successful commercial emergency plan also involves identifying vital components of the workflow. Which departments need to be up and running as quickly as possible to resume business operations?
When a disaster strikes, it is essential to know what you will do. Having an effective commercial disaster plan will ensure your business and those employed will be prepared should such an event occur. After the disaster, the team at SERVPRO of Northwest Ontario will be ready to help you in making it "Like it never even happened."
Using Thermal Imaging
Thermal Imaging Camera
By using thermal imaging we can see what is going on beneath the surface.
Thermal imaging can show us a few things:
-can see the overview of the problem
-see the heat loss easily
-quick access to moisture intrusion
These types of problems can sometimes be overlooked, when using the thermal imaging we are able to really refine these problems and locate the affected areas.
Our thermal imaging also aims to instantly identify the issue, this saves time and money for you.
To the naked eye a wall doesn't seem to have water damage, with thermal imaging one can see if there are areas of excess moisture. This excess moisture can be seen clearly through thermal imaging as an absence of heat. This is a problem because water damage can lead to the growth of mold/mildew spores or bacteria.
We can help you give us a call (909) 984-3544
Types of Water Damage
- Category 1, water that does not seem to threaten life such as humans or pets is deemed a category 1 or, "clean water". This can be something like an overflow of a sink or tub, or a faucet failure.
Our experts can clean swiftly and effortlessly. This type of water needs a good drying with our fans and de-humidifier. This type of water is the simplest water because there are not contaminates in it.
- Category 2, has some type of containment to it, like an in between of category 1 and 3. This could be physical, biological or chemical of origin that can cause sickness or discomfort if consumed by a life source. This could be from a toilet, or water from a washing machine/ dishwasher.
This type of category takes a little bit longer to clean as there is more of a sanitizing and disinfecting that needs to be done. There might be a need for demolition if there are surfaces that are damaged and cannot be washed or cleaned effectively. Soft goods can be washed or discarded.
- Category 3 means that the water is grossly contaminated and is extremely unsanitary. This can be sewage water, a toilet trap, even category 2 still-water can turn into category 3 water. This can also be considered "black water."
Affected dry wall and flooring besides concrete. Dry wall and other porous substances need to be removed.
Ideas for Candle Alternatives
- Fairy Lights
Because they are usually battery-run, these are great alternative to candles especially if you're just using a candle for mood setting.
If you like candles for the warm scent they bring, wax warmers are a great alternative. Bringing in new aromas in a more controlled setting; they also use electricity and have no open flame.
- Essential Oil Diffuser
Essential oils create added scent to a room, with some good health benefits. There are many different diffusers to choose from, so you can easily find one that matches your home. Beware of oil diffusers if you have pets, as some cannot handle essential oils nor diffusers creating adverse effects to certain pets.
- Stick Diffuser
These are both easy and care-free; these simply add scent from the scented oil the sticks reside in.
- Battery-Powered Candles
The easiest change from open-flame candles to safer alternatives is to a battery-powered candle.