If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (909) 984-3544

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Fire Prevention

7/22/2021 (Permalink)

Kitchen Fire Kitchen Fire

 Most home fires are preventable, but sometimes common sense isn't so common. According to the National Fire Protection Association, it's not too early to protect your loved ones and your home from fire damage, by simply following sensible suggestions.

- Have your furnace checked

- Have your chimneys and vents checked

- Test smoke alarms. (You should have smoke alarms in each bedroom, kitchen and hallways, make sure to check the batteries periodically)

- Cover the fireplace with a screen

- Beware of lit candles.( Never live at children’s reach)

- Beware of space heaters

- Fire extinguishers can be life-savers. Store one under the kitchen sink, and in the hall closet near the bedrooms and the garage. Make sure you use the correct setting -- A for paper, wood and trash; B for grease and flammable liquids; C for small electrical fires.

-Know how to put out kitchen fires quickly. Water doesn't help a grease fire, which can get out of control. Keep salt and baking soda on hand to sprinkle liberally on pan fires. Keep lids handy to put on top of pots and pans that get too hot and have your extinguisher ready to spray on B

- Practice an escape route. Practice with your family and if it is a business make fire drills and assignee to make sure no one is left behind.  

 SERVPRO of Northwest Ontario is Ready to help you (909) 984-3544

Other News

View Recent Posts